Dryer vent cleaning service Green Bay: National Fire Prevention Week is observed in October – Fire Prevention Week was established to commemorate the Great Chicago Fire, a tragedy that occurred in 1871. The devastation caused more than 250 deaths and left over 100,000 people homeless as more than 17,000 buildings were destroyed. The 2,000 acre fire began on October 8 and did most of its damage on the 9th.
The number of home fires and carbon monoxide poisonings increase as people close up their homes to keep the heat in. Many people will have their furnaces cleaned to be sure they are in good working order, but they might neglect to have other gas appliances inspected.
All fuel burning appliances require proper ventilation to remove gas by-products, including carbon monoxide, from the home. Poorly vented gas appliances can be a fire hazard and pose a carbon monoxide threat to residents.
Did you know that clothes dryers are one of the most likely appliances to cause a fire? Over 17,000 dryer fires occur annually, with failure to clean dryer vents being the number one cause. Dryer fires are easily preventable with regular maintenance to remove lint build-up from inside the dryer and dryer vent system.
Here are some valuable tips from the Green Bay Dryer Vent Cleaning Wizard:
- Clean the lint screen or filter before or after each load of laundry
- Make sure your dryer vent system meets city, state and manufacturer’s safety codes
- Replace plastic or flexible foil systems with sold metal material
- Keep the dryer lint screen clean and wash it every few months with soap and water to remove residue from fabric softeners and dryer sheets
- Have professional dryer vent cleaning performed each year
- Don’t store combustibles, chemical cleaning products or chemical soaked rags near your clothes dryer or other gas appliances
- Do not leave the house or go to sleep when the dryer is running
- Check the dryer vent outside often for lint build up, blockage, damage or freezing
Professional dryer vent cleaning is recommended annually. A professional dryer vent cleaning service will also clean the interior of the clothes dryer chassis and inspect the belts and rollers for wear. Worn belts can cause the drum to become unbalanced and rub against other parts, causing the dryer to throw sparks which can easily ignite lint that is built up in the dryer vent system. This is one example of how a dryer fire starts.
Dryer vent cleaning eliminates the necessary fuel for a dryer fire so if the dryer does throw a spark, there is nothing to ignite, as long as you have a solid metal dryer vent tube. The plastic or vinyl could catch fire from sparks. This is why manufacturers and building codes do not allow plastic or vinyl for a dryer vent system.
Robb Vandenberg provides dryer vent cleaning, dryer vent installation, dryer vent repair and all dryer exhaust services for homes and businesses in Northeast Wisconsin, Brown County, Outagamie County, Winnebago County, Green Bay, Appleton, Neenah, Oshkosh, De Pere, Kaukauna, Menasha, Sheboygan, Manitowoc, Calumet, Kewaunee, Door, Shawano, Oconto, Brown, Outagamie, Waupaca, Winnebago, Waushara, Marquette, Green Lake, Fond du Lac, Dodge, and neighboring cities and communities.
54229, 54301, 54302, 54303, 54304, 54311, 54313, 54911, 54913, 54914, 54915, 54956, 54901, 54902, 54904, 54115, 54130, 54952, 53081, 53083, 54220, 54941, 54935, 54937, 54625