Dryer Fire Prevention

Dryer vent cleaning is so important.  Over 80 percent of Americans have clothes dryers; yet, so few are aware of the many benefits to dryer vent cleaning.  Regular dryer vent cleaning improves dryer efficiency, extends the life of the appliance and most importantly, eliminates a fire hazard.

Over 17,000 dryer fires occur each year causing deaths, injuries and nearly $100 Million in property damages.  Failure to clean dryer vent systems is the number one cause.  Improper dryer vent installation and dryer malfunction can also be dangerous.

There are many different companies who provide dryer vent cleaning and installation services.  The internet is flooded with articles and blogs all warning consumers about the danger of clogged dryer vents; not to mention the increase in utility expenses when clothes dryers are not venting properly.

So Many Dryer Vent Cleaners; Yet, So Many Dryer Vent fires

Buffalo Grove, IL – A clogged dryer vent caused a home fire resulting in minimal damage and no injuries.  Residents were allowed in after the home was ventilated.

Chisago County, MN – A fire started in the gas clothes dryer and spread quickly throughout a home, resulting in the resident being treated in the hospital for minor burns.

Oak Park, IL – A dryer fire in an animal shelter was quickly extinguished by a volunteer before it was able to spread.  Damage was minimal and no animals were injured; however, the Oak Park Animal Care League is appealing to the public for help.  They need a new dryer and they need to extend the fire alarm system to their building extension.  The ACL has been trying to save the money for several years; however, the economy has prevented them from doing so.  With 40 – 60 cats living in the shelter, they really need to upgrade their system to ensure their safety.  Emergency fund donations can be sent to the shelter at 1011 Garfield; Oak Park, IL  60304.

Post Falls, ID – A dryer fire led to the evacuation and cancellation of classes for Post Falls High School.  The fire was quickly extinguished as the school’s arena filled with smoke.  Students were evacuated as firefighters taped off the athletic facility and set up fans to remove the smoke.  The fire was contained to a small concrete room and classes can resume soon pending the decision of school officials.

Dryer fires are caused by a combination of heat and blockage of air flow.  Lint accumulation in the dryer vent system is the main ingredient of a dryer fire.  Combine this with the old fashioned vinyl dryer duct and you have even more fuel to feed a rapidly spreading fire.
 Many dryer vent cleaning companies that service your area can be found with a simple Google search on the internet.  With so many dryer vent cleaners, there is no reason for so many dryer vent fires.  Annual dryer vent cleaning is the number one prevention of clothes dryer fires.  Have a dryer vent specialist inspect your dryer vent system to be sure it is safe and your dryer is operating efficiently.

Robb Vandenberg provides dryer vent cleaning, dryer vent installation, dryer vent repair and all dryer exhaust services for homes and businesses in Northeast Wisconsin, Brown County, Outagamie County, Winnebago County, Fox Valley, Green Bay, Appleton, Neenah, Oshkosh, De Pere, Kaukauna, Menasha, Sheboygan, Manitowoc, Calumet, Kewaunee, Door, Shawano, Oconto, Brown, Outagamie, Waupaca, Winnebago, Waushara, Marquette, Green Lake, Fond du Lac, Dodge, and neighboring cities and communities.

54229, 54301, 54302, 54303, 54304, 54311, 54313, 54911, 54913, 54914, 54915, 54956, 54901, 54902, 54904, 54115, 54130, 54952, 53081, 53083, 54220, 54941, 54935, 54937, 54625